Eurythmy in English
Master of Education
The master's program Eurythmy in English is aimed at eurythmists who are looking for an intense eurythmy-artistic exploration and deepening, who want to sharpen their own profile and take next steps with new challenges.
We are pleased to offer a Masters programme in English. The Alanus University Masters Degree is internationally recognised and has already proven to be an award that gives eurythmists higher qualifications, supporting and extending their practice in a range of settings worldwide.
We offer two pathways in our Master's program:
Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Research - Focus Eurythmy Therapy and
Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Research - Focus Eurythmy Education
A new course with the Focus Education will begin in September, the course with the Focus Eurythmy Therapy will begin in March. There will also be an option to attend additional weeks of eurythmy teacher training for those without or with limited prior teaching experience.
Contact us for more information.
Eurythmists will have the opportunity to specialize in one of the following areas, and the assignments and projects will be appropriate to each field:
- Eurythmy Therapy
- Eurythmy in Education and as Social Art
This Master’s program has the aim of deepening eurythmical capacities, fostering skills in the realm of education and art, and developing the ability to carry out qualitative research in the area of eurythmical activity that is relevant and inspiring to the student. Students will participate in Master Classes given by a range of highly experienced eurythmists, become proficient in qualitative research methods, develop writing and presentation skills, and participate in stimulating presentations from acknowledged experts in aspects of education and art.
Some core aspects of the course are:
- An individual approach to assignments with context-based projects
- Practical training and study for new teachers and advanced research for experienced teachers
- A focus on individual artistic development
- Encouragement to explore eurythmy in a contemporary context with an emphasis on the challenges and opportunities in today’s classroom and society
- An emphasis on learning from each other and sharing individual research questions and discoveries
- An international attitude that is attentive to diverse cultural contexts
- Building up a creative relationship to language, nurturing oral and written self-expression, leading to increased self-confidence
- Engaging in a process of making the substance of eurythmy your own and developing a professional attitude
Responsible for the programme are Coralee Frederickson and Shaina Stoehr. They are supported by the eurythmy faculty at Alanus, some of whom also teach on the course. In addition a number of tutors make contributions to the programme, bringing their wealth of experience to the Master Classes and subject lessons. These include:
- Stefan Hasler - Tone eurythmy
- Emile Cnoops - Speech eurythmy
- Ingrid Everwijn - Tone eurythmy
- Volker Frankfurt - Speech eurythmy
- Charlotte Krantz - Speech/tone eurythmy
- Jan Ranck - Apollonian/Dionysian principles
- Melissa Harwood - Social eurythmy and presentation skills
- Gorman Krantz - Eurythmy research
- Michael Werner - Vital eurythmy
- Maren Stott - Solo work
- Helga Daniel - Educational eurythmy
- Magali Muller-Peddinghaus - Educational eurythmy
- Prosper Nebel - Educational eurythmy
- Dr. James Dyson - Principles of human development
- Charlotte Von Bulow - Research methods
- Maria Martina Sam - History of Eurythmy
For further information please contact Coralee Frederickson and Shaina Stoehr directly.
The education pathway course will be a three-year programme with two or three blocks of 1-2 weeks in each of the first two years and a period of independent research and writing of the thesis in the third year, with a concluding block for presentations. This is projected to begin in September 2020.
There will be one block each year in which students of both courses will be together.
The therapy pathway course will begin in March 2021. Details of the structure of this programme can be given on request.
For an overview of Alanus University’s current tuition fees, please refer to Downloads.
Loans and scholarships
Students from the UK may apply for a loan from the Godparents Anthroposophical Training Fund.
Applicants must have two years of relevant educational practice, in addition to one of the following requirements:
Eurythmy diploma (recognized by the SRMK, Switzerland), Teacher or kindergarten qualification, Waldorf education subject or art teacher qualification of at least two years duration, Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in education.
If you are unsure whether your first degree qualifies you for admission, please ask at the Secretary’s Office.
Students should be able to master the English language at an appropriate level. RSUC (Alanus) may request supporting documentation.
More information is available at the International Office
Please apply in writing. The application form and a list of required documents can be found here.
Please attach the following documents to your application:
- Certified Copies of Diplomas or supportive certificates/ documentation of relevant higher education (certificates in languages other than English or German in officially certified English translation)
- Attestation of relevant work experience including specifications of work tasks, duration and percentage of a full time position
- Filled in Data Survey Questionnaire (see application form)
- Letter of motivation (outlining your professional development focus and purpose, approx. a DIN A4-page)
- a curriculum vitae
- Passport photo for the student card
- Proof of health insurance covering the entirety of your studies
- For all study programs (completed or without a degree) official proof of removal from the register of students, for all programs without degree a certificate of non-objection by former university
- For Specialization in Eurythmy Therapy: A medical certificate of good health
Your application may be sent to the address provided on the form. Once your application has been reviewed, you will be invited to attend an interview.
A Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Research in Eurythmy is awarded in one of the two areas of specialization:
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Research - Focus Eurythmy Therapy
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Research - Focus Eurythmy Education
All required documents can be found under Downloads (at the bottom of the list).
- certificate courses
For those who do not want to obtain an academic degree, it is possible to work on aptitude, in certain productions and projects. This is an offer for eurythmists who are looking for an artistic work combined with performance work and can be certified as a university certificate. The costs for the certificate course amount to 2,000 euros each. The beginning is in the autumn semester.
In addition, the study course Stage of the Master's Program can be combined with one of the following certificate courses: Eurythmy Pedagogy, Eurythmi a Social Work Fields or Vitaleurythmie, additional fees of 750 Euro will be charged.
Every year, symposia take place on various topics of eurythmy. Here you can meet colleagues and learn about research and practice in the occupational fields.
Dates and topics of the symposia can be found in our current event calendar.