Education / Educational Research
Master of Arts & Master of Education / Part-Time
Research Educational and Social Processes – Inspire Learning
Are you working in an educational, social or therapeutic field, and would you like to increase your knowledge and reflect on your own professional experience? Do you want to explore and resolve occupational questions? Would you like to acquire research skills that will develop your ability to reflect and your analytical understanding as well as open up new career opportunities for you?
Then you belong in our Master’s Programme Educational Research. The programme focuses on learning basic scientific methods and the step-by-step development and implementation of research projects. The Master's programme opens up career opportunities for you in the management, consultation, evaluation and further development of educational institutions and curricula; in quality management, and in lecturing activities, e.g. Waldorf Teacher Training. It thus provides educators with an opportunity to advance their careers.
Develop your career: from an expert in practice to a researcher of practice!
- A research course tailored towards topics and questions in education, social therapy and social science
- Ideal for educators from all fields who want to earn additional qualifications in-service and scientifically reflect on their career experience
- Suitable for those interested in social and therapeutic careers
- Small groups with intensive support
- Education and Waldorf education in scientific dialogue with empirical pedagogical research
- Studium Generale and art contribute to personal development
- The degree qualifies students for admission to a doctoral programme
Fundamentals of educational science, history of pedagogy, alternative and Waldorf education, pedagogical casuistry, developmental psychology
History of empirical educational and social science, quantitative hypothesis testing and qualitative reconstructive research approaches
Planning, implementation and presentation of an educational research project. Course content is systematically tested and implemented in an educational research project
Philosophy, art and cultural history, epistemology, ethics, personality development
Painting, sculpting, eurythmy, language formation, etc.
Organisational forms and social conditions in institutes of primary and secondary education
Fundamentals of advanced scientific methodology, implementation of and reflection on an independent research project and its presentation (Master's thesis)
The basic conditions of childhood development as well as childhood educational institutions are the focus.
The main focus in this specialisation is on educational processes that arise in the context of learning and teaching.
- 7 weeks (8 days each) intensive study
- approx. 27-28 weekend seminars (Fri. 6pm to Sat. 5:30pm)
- A first university degree (Bachelor’s, State Examination, Diplom, Magister or equivent)
- A first university degree as listed above or at least 3 years of educational training at a vocational school, a technical college, an educational training seminar (e.g. Waldorf Teacher Training seminar) or an equivalent institution
- At least 2 years of experience in an educational field (school, kindergarten, social institutions, youth welfare services, etc.)
You can apply for admission at any time. The degree programme starts in the Autumn Semester in September. In order to ensure a smooth start to your studies, your application should be received by 31 July if possible.
Please use the application form under Downloads.
Once we have reviewed your application, we will invite you for a personal interview to clarify all questions and requirements.