You can apply for admission at any time during the year. Most degree programmes begin in the Autumn Semester (September), but a few also start in the Spring Semester (March). The application process is handled by the respective department. For programmes in the arts, acceptance is based on a portfolio review. For drama and eurythmy, applicants must audition. For courses in the sciences, the selection procedure includes a personal interview. More information on the application process is available under Degree Programmes.
Applications must be submitted in writing (not digitally) and should generally include the following:
- Completed application form
- Curriculum vitae and a Letter of Motivation
- Officially certified copies of school leaving certificate and report (officially certified and stamped German translation of foreign certificates)
- Certificate of registration from a German health insurance provider to submit to the university (a copy of the insurance card is not sufficient)
- For drama courses: a medical certificate of good health
- Passport photo (for business courses 2 passport photos)
- Foreign applicants require proof of sufficient German language skills (TestDaF or an equivalent certificate)
Applicants to the Master’s course additionally require the following documents:
- Proof of first higher education degree
- For the Master’s course in Fine Arts: a proposal for an art project (sketches and written explanation of at least 15 pages)
Applicants from China, Mongolia and Vietnam must also submit an APS certificate. Without this certificate, the application cannot be accepted.