PROMOS Programme to Promote the Mobility of Students
PROMOS scholarships fund the following:
- Stays Abroad (semester scholarships and short-term scholarships for stays of 1 to 6 months)
- Internships Abroad (6 weeks to 6 months)
- Language Learning Abroad (3 weeks to 2 months)
- Attending Specialised Courses Abroad (5 days to 6 weeks)
- Final Theses: Scholarships for stays abroad of 1 to 6 months to complete a final thesis at a foreign university or company worldwide. The scholarships are not intended for participation in courses at a foreign host university. The stay abroad must be solely for the purpose of completing the thesis.
Students, doctoral students and lecturers at the university can apply for PROMOS funding:
- All standard enrolled, degree-seeking students at Alanus University who have discussed their plans abroad with a university professor in advance and have obtained his/her consent for international mobility and informed the International Office of this informally.
- Teaching staff can apply for study trips or competitive trips for specific study projects/courses.
The following documents can be submitted on an ongoing basis via the International Office:
- Completed application form
- Confirmation of future traineeship position: company name, type of traineeship must be stated
- Tabular CV (max. 1 page)
- Certificate of enrolment from Alanus University of Arts and Social Sciences
- Transcript/Overview of Marks from the examination office
- Language certificate as proof of language skills required for study in the country of destination
- Informal statement that the International Office has informed you of the requirements for health insurance, liability insurance, vaccinations, and visa, as well as of the Federal Foreign Office webpage: Travel and Safety Information
Alanus University is responsible for awarding the scholarships and flat-rate travel allowances. PROMOS scholarships are conferred on the basis of academic achievement and personal suitability. The potential benefits of the planned stay in relation to previous studies as well as the necessary knowledge of the national language of the study destination (or the willingness to acquire this) must be proven.
A selection committee made up of varying members from administration and teaching staff chooses the scholarship recipients. The scholarships are paid out on condition that the DAAD provides the Alanus University of Arts and Social Sciences with the corresponding financial resources.