Measures taken by the Alanus University
Alanus University and Alanus Werkhaus have established the Corona Working Group (AG Corona), which meets regularly to assess the situation. A comprehensive hygiene concept and guidelines for what to do in the event of a suspected Covid 19 case have been sent to all students and staff by email. The documents are also posted on Moodle and are updated regularly.
For more than a year, the university management (supported by the Corona WG) has been trying to bring together the respective applicable requirements with the various interests and needs. Apart from the legal requirements to which we have to adapt - again and again - and to which we naturally adhere, there are above all three standards to which we align ourselves:
- We support the overall societal movement to overcome the pandemic.
- We protect the health of our students and employees.
- We offer the best possible course of study under the given conditions.
Alanus University recommendations:
The vast majority of Corona protections are gone - including the 3G rule, access controls, and the indoor mask requirement. As a university, we can therefore only make recommendations. Therefore, our urgent request: Let us continue to be considerate of each other!
We further strongly recommend:
- Please wear (at least) a medical mask in all courses and exams if the minimum distance of 1.50 meters is not maintained. We appeal that a mask be worn in the foyer and hallways in the future as well.
- We would greatly appreciate it if you would test/be tested regularly before coming to the university. Of course, the legal quarantine regulations still apply!
- Please ventilate rooms regularly and for a longer period of time!
Please continue to observe the requirements of the hygiene concept and guidelines.
All information can be found on the main page of the library.
Citizens can contact the hotline of the state government for questions about the coronavirus: +49 211 / 9119 1001.
Further information can be found at:
- State government NRW: land.nrw/corona This central information platform is to bundle all current developments concerning the corona virus.
- Federal Ministry of Health: www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/coronavirus.html
- Robert Koch Institute: www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/nCoV.html
- Federal Center for Health Education: www.infektionsschutz.de/coronavirus-sars-cov-2.html