Measures taken by the Alanus University
Alanus University and Alanus Werkhaus have established the Corona Working Group (AG Corona), which meets regularly to assess the situation. A comprehensive hygiene concept and guidelines for what to do in the event of a suspected Covid 19 case have been sent to all students and staff by email. The documents are also posted on Moodle and are updated regularly.
For more than a year, the university management (supported by the Corona WG) has been trying to bring together the respective applicable requirements with the various interests and needs. Apart from the legal requirements to which we have to adapt - again and again - and to which we naturally adhere, there are above all three standards to which we align ourselves:
- We support the overall societal movement to overcome the pandemic.
- We protect the health of our students and employees.
- We offer the best possible course of study under the given conditions. In doing so, the university administration would like to responsibly facilitate as much attendance as possible during the fall semester.
3G rule (vaccinated, recovered, tested)
At an incidence of 35 or greater, only immunized (recovered or fully vaccinated) or tested (48 hours or less of rapid antigen test or PCR test) individuals will be allowed to enter the university. Testing stations at both campuses will continue to be available for testing. Proof of self-testing is not sufficient.
Test centers at the university
Since July 1, two Corona rapid test centers have been in operation at Campus I - Johannishof and Campus II - Villestrasse.
The testing stations will be open as follows:
Mon. 12:00-14:00 // Tues. 8:00-11:30 // Wed. 12:00-14:00 // Thurs. 8:00-11:30 // Fri. 12:00-14:00
Mon. 8:00-11:30 a.m. // Tues. 12:00-14:00 p.m. // Wed. 8:00-11:30 a.m. // Thurs. 12:00-14:00 p.m. // Fri. 8:00-11:30 a.m.
A medical maskmust continue to be worn at all times in the hallways and lobby of the university. In seminar and rehearsal rooms as well as in the studios/ateliers, the wearing of a mask can be waived at the fixed seat, since the students and lecturers must all be immunized or tested (see 3G rule). The distance and hygiene requirements anchored in the hygiene concept continue to apply.
All information can be found on the main page of the library.
Citizens can contact the hotline of the state government for questions about the coronavirus: +49 211 / 9119 1001.
Further information can be found at:
- State government NRW: land.nrw/corona This central information platform is to bundle all current developments concerning the corona virus.
- Federal Ministry of Health: www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/coronavirus.html
- Robert Koch Institute: www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/nCoV.html
- Federal Center for Health Education: www.infektionsschutz.de/coronavirus-sars-cov-2.html
- Rhein-Sieg-Kreis: www.rhein-sieg-kreis.de/verwaltung-politik/aktuelle-themen/corona-virus.php